Happy Anniversary us!
This time last year we were mourning the demise of the Brewdoo Homebrew club and Chester Brew Crew, and celebrating the creation of the Cheshire Brew Crew! A year! Doesn’t time fly when you are
drinking having fun?
After the success of last years competition this January we decided to set it up again and Recipe Roulette II was born! The same rules and randomly picked ingredients as last time but this year, thanks to the interest of the Black Lodge Brew Club (@ ), we have increased the participants for 2017 to 20 entries!
- Ben: Simcoe & Chilli
- Neil: Hallertauer & Chamomile
- Guy: Citra & Oak Chips
- Charlie: Saaz & Salt
- Chris W: Pioneer & Grains of Paradise
- Nick W: Centennial & Peppercorns
- Mark: Galena & Fruit
- Dave: Amarillo & Star Anise
- Ed: Goldings & Chocolate
- Simon: First Gold & Coriander Seeds
- Lol (Liv): Northern Brewer & Cinnamon
- Ken (Liv): Fuggles & Cardamom
- Andy (Liv): Galaxy & Orange Peel
- Ron (Liv): Cascade & Tea
- Pete (Liv): Chinook & Coffee
- Damian (Liv): Ahtanum & Juniper Berries
- Steve (Liv): Motueka & Heather Flowers
- Andrew (Liv): Sorachi Ace & Vanilla
The competition will be judged at the March meeting on Thursday 30th March and the prize pot up for grabs currently includes donations from Malt Miller, BrewUK, Cellar Bar and a goodie bag from the guys at Grainfather!
Once all the messing about with the competition entries was out of the way we could crack on with the main event! Beers! Another brilliant selection was brought in this month with Charlie yet again making a strong push for the unofficial ‘longest beer name’ award with his Imperial Salted Vanilla Smoked Milk Stout! We also welcomed Dave who was joining us for the first time this month and brought along a lovely citrusy IPA hopped with Olicana – not a hop I or many of the group had used before, and a Robust smoked Porter he had brewed on his Grainfather system. Both were very nice beers – he can come back next month!
- Ben: Cwtch Kit, Brewers Gold 3
- Guy: English IPA
- Mark: Schwarzbier, Plum Porter
- Charlie: Imperial Salted Vanilla Smoked Milk Stout, Sorachi Ace Barrel Aged Saison, Liquorice Coconut Stout
- Ed: Black Double IPA
- Dave: Olicana IPA, Robust Smoked Porter
It was an extremely close run thing voting for the Brew of the Month as the quality of this months selection was so high. Ed’s Black Double IPA just pipped everyone to the post (by 1 vote)! Congratulations to Ed on another quality offering!
And that was January done! We’re back at Cellar Bar on February 23rd to see how everybody is getting on with their competition brews! See you there!